Monday, January 25, 2010

The new fly tying desk is in the house!

My buddy Lou and I spent six hours in a van, driving through heavy rain to pick up the new fly tying desk. The ride out to Carlisle, Pennsylvania was uneventful and the we got the desk into the house safe and sound. This is one well made piece of furniture! It weighed a ton! Stoney Creek manufactures an excellent product. It's all together except for the top hutch. It will take two people to get it into place and it was way too heavy for my wife to lift. I'll have to put that piece on later in the week when I can get someone stronger to give me a hand. I'll post some pics when I get it all together. I'm pretty stoked and can't wait to put it to use but it will probably take me a few days to sort and reorganize my material. I could not believe how much stuff was stashed in my old roll top desk. Over the weekend I purchased two hare's masks thinking I recently used my last one. I found four of them when I cleaned out that desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment