Monday, October 11, 2010

Gearing up for Fall Fishing and Fly Tying

This summer has been a long one. While most people lament the end of summer I can't wait for it! The return of the cooler weather means I can get back to chasing my favorite gamefish TROUT.

This weekend I was out camping with my son and the night time low reached 39 degrees. Things are starting to cool down so I plan on heading out this week to see how well the fish survived the summer.

It also time to get back into cranking out some flies. I need to inventory the tattered remains of this season's fly boxes and figure out what worked and what didn't. I will come up with a tying list of patterns to be restocked and send the unproductive experiments off to the bluegill box. But before I do any tying I have to clean off the bench. I took a look at it this evening and it is covered with debris ranging from the kid's legos to the dog's collar and leash.  First flies on my list are my fall soft hackles, more on that in the next post...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment