Sunday, November 15, 2009

Some images from today...

I was able to get out and wet a line with a friend today.  Things got fast and furious for a while so there were not many pictures taken but here's a few...

Nice Rainbow with a clear shot of what fooled him.  The method was Czech (or Polish) nymphing and this flashback pheasant tail with an oversized faceted tungsten bead was the anchor fly.  I originally tied these primarily to get the flies to the bottom, never expecting that oversized bead to be attractive to the fish, but they seem to love it.
Here's the rest of him...


A chunky brown...

This guy and bunch of others took a caddis pupa pattern tied with UV dubbing.  I loved the way this pattern looks in the water.  Very translucent, very buggy...                                

You can't really make it out to well but part of it is tucked neatly behind the jaw.

This fly took one of the biggest fish if the day, a big fat brown.  I'm waiting on my buddy to send me the photo I'll put it up when I get it.  Flashback Pheasant Tail tied Winona Fly Factory style...

1 comment:

  1. Sweet. Grinning to see my name attached to a fly taking big fish. Thanks for that one.

    winonaflyfactory

    ReplyDelete